Audio
I realized that I never spoke of how I'm going about the audio. So I'm amending my mistake by doing it now.

Since the Bolex doesn't record sound I had to seek a new way of capturing the sound. During the shoot we ran a boom to a flash audio recorder. When it comes time to edit I'm going to have to sync up all of the sound by hand. If I had more time/money/film I would have done a slate at the top of the shots but I didn't want to waste film stock.

Another issue is that the bolex records in 18 frames per second. The audio records in something like 29.9 fps. So when I do the telecine I'll have to update the film to a modern frame rate, according to the guy who owns the telecine this is possible.

The added issue is that we are going to have to design the sound in a way that fits the image. I have a post audio guy who is exited and ready to do this.

I have a feeling that the audio is going to be the most labor intensive part of post production.


Thanks for Listening!
-Andrew
0 Responses